Injections for Arthritic Knees – Viscosupplementation
- Osteoarthritic synovial fluid has reduced elasticity and viscosity, reduced molecular weight and reduced hyaluronan concentration.
- Viscosupplementation with Hyaluronan replaces and replenishes diseased synovial fluid with a temporary synovial fluid prosthesis that has long-term clinical benefits.
SYNVISC(r) (hylan G-F 20)
- Elastoviscosity similar to that of the synovial fluid of healthy 18- to 27-year-olds
- Designed as a synovial fluid prosthetic device
- A series of 3 injections can provide OA knee pain relief for up to 6 month
- Generally demonstrated to be safe in clinical trials and clinical practice
Synvisc(r) Has a Higher Molecular Weight
Left: Supartz(r) (sodium hyaluronate)
Center: Synvisc(r) (Hylan G-F 20)
hylan A MW 6 million
Right: Hyalgan(r) (sodium hyaluronate)
If you have any specific medical condition or queries, please consult your medical doctor.